Anne McIntyre has been in clinical practice working as a medical herbalist for over 40 years, having also trained as a remedial masseuse, aromatherapist, homeopath and counsellor. Anne runs her busy practice from Artemis House in the Cotswolds and for over 30 years she has incorporated Ayurvedic philosophy and medicine into her clinical practice, producing a unique integrated approach to the care of patients and prescription of herbs.
Anne’s home at Artemis House in the rural Cotswolds is the site of a beautiful spiral herb garden which she uses for tours and teaching – and which has been featured on BBC’s Gardener’s World! Throughout this website there are many pictures of the medicinal plants she grows there. Alongside her busy practice she lectures widely on herbal medicine and Ayurveda in the UK, Europe and America and runs in person courses from Artemis House, as well as conducting regular herb walks of her garden and the countryside around her home.
Anne is the author of many books on herbal medicine and Ayurveda including Healing with Flowers, The Complete Woman’s Herbal, Healing Drinks, Herbal Medicine for Children: Western and Ayurvedic Perspectives, The Complete Herbal Tutor, The Ayurveda Bible and Dispensing with Tradition: A Guide to using Indian and Western Herbs the Ayurvedic Way.
Clinics | Shop | Courses
Anne holds clinics every week she is in the country, treating patients with her personal blend of Western Herbal Medicine and Ayurveda. Click here for more info…
Buy Anne’s books and ebooks from our online shop, along with hand-made teas and creams from herbs grown in Anne’s garden. Click here for more info…
Enhance your knowledge of herbal medicine and Ayurveda with online courses, annual apprenticeships, day courses and workshops. Click here for more info…
- Mastering Herbal Medicine Course in Borgo Santo Pietro, ItalyI am absolutely delighted – and very, very excited – to tell you that this year I am teaching ‘Mastering… Read more: Mastering Herbal Medicine Course in Borgo Santo Pietro, Italy
- Balancing vataVata, composed of air and ether, is the most mobile dosha in the body and the dosha that most easily goes out of balance.… Read more: Balancing vata
- Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera – Indian GinsengAshwagandha is one of the most highly regarded Ayurvedic herbs and one I have loved to use for many years.… Read more: Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera – Indian Ginseng
- Hawthorn – Crataegus oxyacantha – May Tree“While the ploughman near at hand Whistles o’er the furrow’d land, And the milkmaid singeth blithe, And the mower whets… Read more: Hawthorn – Crataegus oxyacantha – May Tree
- The Flower of Alchemy – Alchemilla mollis – Lady’s mantle“She will write him a letter to tell him How cool and wet her garden is this July, How beautiful… Read more: The Flower of Alchemy – Alchemilla mollis – Lady’s mantle
- Ground ivy – Glechoma hederaceaI love watching the colours of the garden change, from the first green spring shoots, through the delicate yellow of… Read more: Ground ivy – Glechoma hederacea