Comprising four two-day workshops throughout the year, this seasonal course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to use the extraordinary resources of the medicinal plants growing around you. Each workshop focuses on 10 different herbs growing abundantly in that season and discusses their different methods of preparation, building to a complete set of skills that will last a lifetime!
15 in stock
Join Anne on a journey of discovery as she guides you to identify and forage wild herbs, understand their medicinal properties and uses, and share the skills to create and take home a range of herbal remedies for your health and wellbeing.
This course is based from Anne’s clinic in the Cotswolds and consists of four workshops (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter) to provide you with knowledge and skills to use the extraordinary resources of the medicinal plants growing around you throughout the year.
Each workshop focuses on 10 different herbs growing abundantly in that season. In addition Anne will take you through different methods of preparation (infusions, decoctions, tinctures, glycerites, salves, elixirs and oxymels) so that over the course of the year you build a set of skills that will last a lifetime!
Spring: Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th May 2021: Explore how the tastes of herbs can provide pointers to their medicinal benefits and learn how to prepare them as infusions and decoctions.
Summer: Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21th July 2021: Learn how to use the herbs we forage to make tinctures and glycerites.
Autumn: Thursday 9th and Friday 10th September 2021: Learn how to press tinctures and glycerites and prepare a salve from the herbs you collect.
Winter: Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd October 2021: Learn how herbs can be stored for the winter and prepare elixirs and oxymels.
Who is this for?
This course is open to anyone with an interest in knowing more about herbs and health.
- This includes those who have just started, students and newly qualified herbalists wishing to brush up on their plant identification and understanding of medicinal plants.
- For gardeners wanting to deepen their knowledge about the plants they know and love.
- Anyone interested in sustainably using the natural resources around them for supporting their health.
By the end of four weekends you will be able to:
- Forage for seasonal wild herbs.
- Identify useful wild and cultivated medicinal plants (herbs, flowers, trees and shrubs).
- Know and understand the medicinal properties of the plants you identify and gather.
- Understand more about the major systems of the body (digestive, respiratory, nervous, cardio-vascular, urinary, endocrine, reproductive, musculoskeletal & skin) and how to promote their health.
- Select the right herbs to treat common ailments of each system and know how to administer them.
- Prepare infusions, decoctions, creams, lotions, ointments, glycerites and tinctures.
The workshops include a delicious vegetarian lunch based on seasonal ingredients.
Early Bird discount booking for places booked before 31st January 2021!