An Experiential Course in Herbal Medicine with Anne McIntyre at Trill Farm:
This seasonal course over four weekends throughout 2015 will provide you with the knowledge and skills to use the extraordinary resources of the medicinal plants growing around you.
Renowned herbalist Anne McIntyre will guide you on a journey of discovery: identifying and foraging wild herbs, understanding their medicinal properties and uses, and sharing the skills to create and take away a range of preparations for health and well being.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Forage for seasonal wild herbs
- Identify useful wild and cultivated medicinal plants (herbs, flowers, trees and shrubs)
- Know and understand the medicinal properties of the plants you identify and gather
- Understand more about the major systems of the body (digestive, respiratory, nervous, cardiovascular, urinary, endocrine, reproductive, musculoskeletal & skin) and how to promote their health
- Select the right herbs to treat common ailments of each system and know how to administer them
- Prepare infusions, decoctions, creams, lotions, ointments, glycerites and tinctures
This course is for people with an interest in knowing more about herbs and health. This includes lay people, students and newly qualified herbalists wishing to brush up on their plant identification and understanding of medicinal plants, for gardeners wanting to deepen their knowledge about the plants they know and love, and for anyone interested in sustainably using the natural resources around them for supporting their health.
The Four Weekends, 2015:
Spring: Saturday 9th May & Sunday 10th May
Summer: Saturday 4th July & Sunday 5th July
Autumn: Saturday 5th September & Sunday 6th September
Winter: Saturday 17th October & Sunday 18th October
Each day runs from 10am – 5pm and includes a delicious herb-inspired organic lunch.
Anne McIntyre is a Fellow of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (FNIMH), a Member of the Ayurvedic Practitioners’ Association (MAPA), and has been practicing herbal medicine for over 30 years, mostly in Gloucestershire and at clinics in London and Wales. She lectures widely on Herbal Medicine and Ayurveda in the UK and America and is the author of around 20 books on herbalism and Ayurveda. Her most recent book “Dispensing with Tradition” blends together Western Herbalism and Ayurvedic tradition. On Summer evenings Anne gives guided tours of the acclaimed spiral herb garden she has created at her home in Gloucestershire.
An experiential course in herbal medicine -Non residential
- A eight day course over four seasonal weekends.
- Includes a delicious organic lunch each day.
An experiential course in herbal medicine – residential
- An eight day course over four seasonal weekends.
- Residential weekends are hosted by Anne McIntyre, and run from 6pm on Friday evening to 5pm Sunday.
- Includes accommodation and all meals. £1,020 for all four weekends.
- Camping options and single rooms are available – please contact us for details.
- To book please contact email@example.com or call Zoe on 01297 631113