Anne McIntyre has been in clinical practice working as a medical herbalist for nearly 40 years, having also trained as a remedial masseuse, aromatherapist, homeopath and counsellor. Anne runs her busy practice from Artemis House in the Cotswolds and for over 30 years she has incorporated Ayurvedic philosophy and medicine into her clinical practice, producing a unique integrated approach to the care of patients and prescription of herbs.
Anne’s home at Artemis House in the rural Cotswolds is the site of a beautiful spiral herb garden which she uses for tours and teaching – and which has been featured on BBC’s Gardener’s World! Throughout this website there are many pictures of the medicinal plants she grows there. Alongside her busy practice she lectures widely on herbal medicine and Ayurveda in the UK, Europe and America and runs in person courses from Artemis House, as well as conducting regular herb walks of her garden and the countryside around her home. Anne has also created two unique online Ayurvedic courses, Discover Ayurveda and Explore Ayurveda, allowing students from around the world to enjoy Anne’s teaching.
Anne is the author of many books on herbal medicine and Ayurveda including Healing with Flowers, The Complete Woman’s Herbal, Healing Drinks, Herbal Medicine for Children: Western and Ayurvedic Perspectives, The Complete Herbal Tutor, The Ayurveda Bible and Dispensing with Tradition: A Guide to using Indian and Western Herbs the Ayurvedic Way.
Clinics | Shop | Courses
Anne holds clinics every week she is in the country, treating patients with her personal blend of Western Herbal Medicine and Ayurveda. Click here for more info…
Buy Anne’s books and ebooks from our online shop, along with hand-made teas and creams from herbs grown in Anne’s garden. Click here for more info…
Enhance your knowledge of herbal medicine and Ayurveda with online courses, annual apprenticeships, day courses and workshops. Click here for more info…
- Opportunity – Garden Volunteers Needed!As you may know, last Autumn I fell awkwardly in my garden while teaching and badly broke my ankle. I… Read more »
- Nettles – The Taste of SpringAn invasive weed with a cruel sting that should be banished from our gardens, or an extraordinary wild plant that… Read more »
- In Season Now – Wild GarlicI am so happy that it is finally wild garlic season! I love this pungent perennial plant for not only… Read more »
- Drugs in Pots: How To Grow Your Own Herbal RemediesHome healing doesn’t have to be about expensive ingredients or difficult to find plants. You can make the most of… Read more »
- CowslipI saw this cheerful little plant in flower this weekend and wanted to share a little about it with you.… Read more »
- Spring flowers – the primrosePrimrose (Primula vulgaris). I love this pretty little spring flower that we find tucked away at the edges of our… Read more »
“Herbs, flowers, their beauty, their scent as well as mankind who gaze on them in wonder….All are but parts of one stupendous whole whose body nature is, and God the soul: Look around our world, behold the chain of love combining all below and all above”.Alexander Pope