Anne McIntyre has trained as a herbalist, remedial masseuse, aromatherapist, homeopath and counsellor and has been in clinical practice working as a medical herbalist for nearly 40 years. For over 30 years she has incorporated Ayurvedic philosophy and medicine into her practice, producing an integrated approach to the care of patients and prescription of herbs.
Anne lives in the rural Cotswolds where she has a beautiful spiral herb garden, which has been featured on BBC’s Gardener’s World and throughout this website there are many pictures of the medicinal plants she grows there. She has a busy practice alongside which she teaches a number of courses, both from her home and in other venues, as well as conducting regular herb walks of her garden and the countryside around her home.
Anne is the author of many books on herbal medicine and Ayurveda including The Complete Woman’s Herbal, Healing Drinks, The Complete Floral Healer, Herbal Medicine for Children: Western and Ayurvedic Perspectives, The Complete Herbal Tutor, The Ayurveda Bible and Dispensing with Tradition: A Guide to using Indian and Western Herbs the Ayurvedic Way.
Anne runs a busy practice from her home clinic in the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire. Using a blend of Western herbal medicine and Ayurveda, Anne has produced a unique integrated approach to the care of patients. She lectures widely on herbal medicine and Ayurveda in the UK, Europe and America and runs courses from her home in Gloucestershire where she has a beautiful herb garden which she uses for tours and teaching. Anne also has a separate website for her online courses in Ayurveda which is the site of her comprehensive foundation course, Living Wisdom: the Foundations of Ayurveda.
Clinics | Shop | Courses
Anne holds clinics every week she is in the country, treating patients with her personal blend of Western Herbal Medicine and Ayurveda. Click here for more info…
Buy Anne’s books and ebooks from our online shop, along with hand-made teas and creams from herbs grown in Anne’s garden. Click here for more info…
Enhance your knowledge of herbal medicine and Ayurveda with online courses, annual apprenticeships, day courses and workshops. Click here for more info…
- Spring flowers – the primrosePrimrose (Primula vulgaris). I love this pretty little spring flower that we find tucked away at the edges of our… Read more »
- APA Webinar – Looking at Local Herbs from an Ayurvedic PerspectiveI am so excited to be taking an online webinar for the APA, on Wednesday 21st April from 17.00-18.30, when… Read more »
- Herbal Fun at Trill FarmFor many years now I have really enjoyed teaching a seasonal course in herbal medicine which takes place over four… Read more »
- RESCHEDULED: Herbal Medicine Course at Trill FarmI am delighted to say that the Seasonal Herbal Medicine course at Trill Farm has been rescheduled to run in… Read more »
- Rose HarvestIt’s time for the rose harvest. I’m making rose glycerite today! I love roses…doesn’t everybody? I think I use more rose than almost any other herb in… Read more »
- COVID 19 UpdateHere at Artemis House it’s business as usual – almost! The dispensary is open and we are able to send… Read more »
“Herbs, flowers, their beauty, their scent as well as mankind who gaze on them in wonder….All are but parts of one stupendous whole whose body nature is, and God the soul: Look around our world, behold the chain of love combining all below and all above”.Alexander Pope