The Living Wisdom Workshops
Open the Doors to a Vital and Healthy Life with the Ancient Principles of Ayurveda
Anne will be running four deeply insightful courses on the fundamentals of Ayurveda, the traditional healing system of India. Ayurveda offers a truly inspiring and practical approach to enhancing health, happiness and longevity. During the weekends we will explore the archetypal elements that create our different constitutions, allowing us to create a better understanding of our own nature and helping us to choose the right diet, lifestyle and herbs to keep us well and return us to balance when unwell.
The course will run over four weekends at Anne’s home and garden in the beautiful Cotswolds. Each workshop will incorporate experiential learning with herb identification, foraging, medicine making, herb tastings, meditations, recipes and much more!
The course is open to anyone, especially those interested in healthy living, yoga, meditation, Vedic traditions and other health practices. No prior knowledge is needed and we recommend that you do all four weekends, but you can just do one. We are sure once you start you will want to continue!
Each weekend costs £150 which includes lunch and refreshments for both days. The cost for all four weekends is £550.
These workshops are running in conjunction with Living Wisdom: The Foundations of Ayurveda Online Course, to help those studying gain a more practical and experiential approach to Ayurveda, plus there will be lots of time for questions! You can learn more about the online course at www.learnlivingayurveda.com.
Weekend One: Introduction to Ayurveda
Saturday 6th June – Sunday 7th June 2015; 10am-5pm
- Understanding Ayurvedic philosophy and cosmology
- Exploring the five elements that compose everything in the universe including ourselves
- Discovering our unique constitution through an understanding of the three doshas: vata, pitta and kapha
- Looking at some incredible herbs to keep our constitutions in balance
Weekend Two: The 6 Tastes and the Healing Power of Food
Saturday 18th July – Sunday 19th July; 10am-5pm
- Exploring the six tastes of Ayurveda that compose our foods and herbs
- Discussing how taste relates to the three constitutions, vata, pitta and kapha
- Discovering agni-the vital role of the digestive fire
- Learning about foods and herbs to help balance your constitution
Weekend Three: Ayurveda and the Heart and Mind
Saturday 12th September – Sunday 13th September; 10am-5pm
- Exploring the three basic energies of the universe: sattva, rajas and tamas
- Discussing the the subtle anatomy of the heart and mind according to Ayurveda
- Understanding our own mental and emotional constitution
- Learning about foods, herbs and lifestyle practices to balance heart and mind
Weekend Four: Detoxification and Rejuvenation
Saturday 10th October – Sunday 11th October; 10am-5pm
- Understanding the Ayurvedic view of detoxification
- Exploring the 7 dhatus/tissues and the 6 stages of disease
- Learning about herbs and dietary regimes for detoxification
- Discussing rasayana–the Ayurvedic path to rejuvenation