I am delighted to say that the Seasonal Herbal Medicine course at Trill Farm has been rescheduled to run in person at Trill Farm in August and September this year! It will be fantastic to move out from behind a laptop and to teach in person – even if at a distance! A lot of thought and planning has gone into the rescheduling of these workshops to ensure that everyone will be safe. We will be following the latest PPE and social distancing guidelines, whilst also making sure that students are still receiving excellent teaching.
This course usually sells out very quickly so if you would like to take advantage of this unusual situation then please book with Trill Farm as soon as possible.
This course consists of four workshops (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter) to provide you with knowledge and skills to use the extraordinary resources of the medicinal plants growing around you throughout the year. I will take you on a journey of discovery as I guide you to identify and forage wild herbs, understand their medicinal properties and uses, and share the skills to create and take home a range of herbal remedies for your health and wellbeing.
This course is open to anyone with an interest in knowing more about herbs and health.
- This includes those who have just started, students and newly qualified herbalists wishing to brush up on their plant identification and understanding of medicinal plants.
- For gardeners wanting to deepen their knowledge about the plants they know and love.
- And for anyone interested in sustainably using the natural resources around them for supporting their health.
By the end of four workshops you will be able to:
- Forage for seasonal wild herbs.
- Identify useful wild and cultivated medicinal plants (herbs, flowers, trees and shrubs).
- Know and understand the medicinal properties of the plants you identify and gather.
- Understand more about the major systems of the body (digestive, respiratory, nervous, cardio-vascular, urinary, endocrine, reproductive, musculoskeletal & skin) and how to promote their health.
- Select the right herbs to treat common ailments of each system and know how to administer them.
- Prepare infusions, decoctions, creams, lotions, ointments, glycerites and tinctures.
This seasonal course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to use the extraordinary resources of the medicinal plants growing around you. Each seasonal workshop focuses on 10 different herbs growing abundantly in that season, and discusses their different methods of preparation, building to a complete set of skills that will last a lifetime! To gain the most benefit from this course we recommend attending all four seasons.
The four workshops:
Spring:Explore how the tastes of herbs can provide pointers to their medicinal benefits and learn how to prepare them as infusions and decoctions.
Summer:Learn how to use the herbs we forage to make tinctures and glycerites.
Autumn: Learn how to press tinctures and glycerites and prepare a salve from the herbs you collect.
Winter:Learn how herbs can be stored for the winter and prepare elixirs and oxymels.
Please note that due to COVID-19 disruption, the Spring and Summer weekends will be combined into a four day course 8th – 11th August 2020, and Autumn and Winter will run together 3rd – 6th September 2020.
Trill Farm are still taking bookings for single season or full courses. Get in touch for more details.
Four Seasons – Save 20%
To book please visit the Trill Farm website.
Course times for non-residential students:
Saturday: 10am – 5pm.
Sunday: 9am – 4pm.
Includes a delicious herb-inspired organic lunch each day.
Course times for residential students:
Start with supper at 7pm on Friday and finish 5pm on Sunday.
Includes all meals.
Accommodation for residential participants will be in single rooms in the Trill Farm guest house.